Advocate Flea and Worm Treatment for Medium Dogs 4kg - 10kg
Product Code: 990471
Advocate for Dogs prevents flea infestations as well as gastrointestinal worm infections. It controls intestinal worms including roundworms, whipworms, and hookworms. Advocate is a topical spot-on treatment that not only destroys multiple parasites, but also prevents heartworm infection in puppies and dogs. Furthermore, Advocate controls sarcoptic mange, Demodex mites and ear mites present in dogs. This monthly topical treatment is also water-resistant and fastest flea control product.
Key Benefit :
- Easy to use, fast acting spot-on treatment for multiple parasites
- Kills 100% fleas within 12 hours
- Kills and prevents flea infestations.
- Affects re-infesting fleas within 3 – 5 minutes
- Protects your dog from the most important gastrointestinal nematode worms
- Prevents heartworm infections
- Efficient treatment for lice, ear mites, Demodex mites and sarcoptic mange
Method of working:
Imidachoprid and Moxidectin are the active ingredients in Advocate. The ingredients in Advocate kill parasites by hindering their neurotransmissions. Central nervous system of the parasites is attacked, which results in the disruption of invertebrate nerve and muscle cells. This results in paralysis and ultimately destroys them. 98-100% fleas are killed within 12 hours of application. Advocate kills fleas on contact, so dogs don’t suffer painful bites, reducing the incidence of Flea Allergy Dermatitis. The spot-on not only kills adult worms but also kills larval and immature stages of roundworms and hookworms. The treatment is effective for a month and halts the growth of fleas.
Advocate is safe to use on puppies of 7 weeks or older.
Get your pet tested for an existing heartworm infection. After consulting the vet start the treatment. Weigh your pet and choose the relevant pack from the four colour-coded packs available. Refer dosage table for details.
Let the pet stand in a comfortable position. Make a bare skin spot at a point between the shoulder blades and the base of the neck.
Place the tip of the open pipette on the bare skin spot. Press the pipette and pour out the entire content of the liquid on the spot. Allow it to dry.
For small dogs, spot-on application needs to be done at one place while for larger dogs apply at 3-4 spots starting from base of skull and move across the backbone.
Do not allow children and pets to groom the treated pet until the application site is dry. Safety of Advocate is not confirmed for breeding, pregnant and lactating pets. Consult your vet before using it on pets going through these stages.
|Up To 4Kg||1 pipette|
|4 To 10Kg||1 pipette|
|10 To 25Kg||1 pipette|
|25Kg To 40Kg||1 pipette|
- Do not apply on pets younger than 7 weeks of age
- Do not use on pets allergic to any of the ingredients of the treatment
- Do not allow children and other pets to groom or play with the treated pet
- Keep away from pet’s eyes and mouth
- Do not smoke, eat or drink while applying the spot-on treatment
- Consult a vet before using on pregnant, sick, weak, lactating and breeding pets
- Wash and sterilize hands after application. Wear gloves while applying the spot-on treatment
- Follow the label instructions for details of administration, expiry date and precautions.